This was so stinking easy, and it had so much delicious flavor. I do have to admit, I wasn't nuts about the texture of the food, but it was yummy.
The boys, however wouldn't touch it. E wouldn't even touch the cheese I put on top. We got A to give it a good try, but it was still a no go.
I encourage you to give this a try, especially if you're just looking for something to feed adults, though I do suggest giving it a try with your kids.
The recipe calls for "white kidney beans," and I've never seen those before, so I used Great White Northern Beans.
Summer Cookout Veggie Burgers
from Leslie Sarna, via Lauren's Kitchen
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup rolled oats (non-instant Oatmeal)
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs (I like to use Panko also called Japanese bread crumbs if you can find them)
- 1 tsp. (or more) chili powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- about 3 tbsp. chopped chives
- 1 egg
- olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 4 oz. mushrooms, finely diced
- 6 sun dried tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
PS these should always be cooked on a skillet or frying pan. Unfortunately, they can fall apart if cooked on the bbq.